Learn the essentials behind all digital roles by understanding data and digital systems, how software and business interact, security, testing, planning and legal issues. You then build on this by developing specialist skills in understanding user needs and designing and developing digital systems.
This type of qualification is ideal for people who want to work in the following areas:
- digital development
- project planning and management
- computing systems management
- software development
What you'll learn
As well as the core components of the T level qualification, you will be taught occupational specialisms relevant to digital professions. This will allow you to learn the knowledge and skills that are needed to achieve competency to complete the course successfully.
An employer set project will make up part of the T Level qualification. Maths, English, digital skills and behaviours that are important for employability will also be integrated within the qualification and will be applied in an occupationally relevant context. You will have set sessions with a progress coach who will support you to develop your attributes and will help you to become an independent learner.
This is a two-year programme that includes a minimum of 45 days industry placement.
The purpose of these placements is two-fold. You gain practical, real-life experience of working in your desired profession and the knowledge to help you graduate from the programme as well as building relationships with potential colleagues and employers; it helps you get your foot in the door at your desired workplace.
How you'll learn and be assessed
T Levels are two-year, technical study programmes, designed with employers to give you the skills industry needs. You take just one T Level which is equivalent to three A Levels.
Unlike A Levels, T Levels provide:
- technical knowledge and skills specific to your preferred career
- an industry placement of at least 45 days
- maths, English and digital skills
- common workplace skills
The course covers all aspects of working in the digital sector and combines a mix of college-based study, training and supported industry placements.The T level qualification is designed with occupational specialisms in mind specific to digital.
This qualification is equivalent to three A Levels and gives you a number of other benefits, including:
- a study programmes, which has been co-designed with employers to give you the skills industry needs
- on-the-job experience putting you in the best place possible to progress into work
- a variety of experiences so you can better identify the area in which you want to specialise
- you will graduate with the qualifications to progress to university or employment
- an industry-developed curriculum which is practical, not theoretical
- a T Level qualification which will earn you the UCAS points needed for university entry
Successfully complete this course and you’ll have the UCAS Tariff points required to progress to higher education (degree-level) qualification.
You will be required to have five GCSEs at Grade 4 or above, including English language and maths at Grade 5.
If you don’t meet the required entry standard, don’t worry, we have other computing courses for you.