This programme will give you a broad and effective introduction to the Level 3 T Level in Health. It is designed as a stepping-stone onto further study or employment in the health sector.
The Health and Social Care programme gives learners the opportunity to develop sector-specific knowledge and skills in a practical learning environment. You will learn about the knowledge and skills needed to work in various care settings.
This is a practical work-related course which will introduce you to the principles of care and includes supervised work placements.
What you'll learn
You study topics that reflect the varied nature of health and social care.
At the end of the programme, you will be able to demonstrate all the following outcomes:
- knowledge and understanding of scientific principles and concepts
- preparing for health, healthcare science and science activities
- practical skills to perform health and healthcare science activities OR
- practical skills to perform science and healthcare science investigations
- interpreting health and science data
You will achieve these outcomes by studying the following topics:
- principles of working in health, social care and childcare
- health and safety in practice
- working in a person-centred way
How you'll learn and be assessed
You will learn through classroom-based lessons and activities, plus supervised work placements. You will gain the range of knowledge and skills that you need to be successful in a career in the care sector, as well as vital work experience.
Formal assessment is through assignments, projects, presentations and practical assessments, which are set at regular intervals throughout the course. External assessments will be graded Distinction, Merit and Pass.
After successful completion of this course, you could progress to the T Level in Health Level 3.
Four GCSEs at grade 3 or above including Science, Maths and English at grade 4 or BTEC
Level 1 Diploma in Health and Social Care with ‘Merit’ as a minimum grade.
You must demonstrate self-motivation and a keen interest in this subject area.